9732 Maumelle Blvd, North Little Rock, AR 72113
An introduction for parents
- The Student Ministry of Christ Church is a biblically-based family ministry of Christ Church. In other words, the New Testament gives no example of a specialized ministry to children or teenagers that resembles anything seen in our culture today.
- We believe that ministry to children and students is really family ministry. Parents have the most profound and long-term spiritual influence on their children. Dads and mons are the best "youth pastors" a child or teenager could ever have. Dads and moms also need help and encouragement to get their students ready for the adult world. Cf., Genesis 1-2; Exodus
20; Deuteronomy 6; Psalm 127; Matthew 5-7; 19; Romans 12-15; Ephesians 5-6; Colossians 3.
- There are deep and structural reasons why the majority of teenagers who graduate out of "youth groups" and go to college become functional agnostics and even aversive to following Jesus and staying active in His Church. Many young adults are deconstructing their faith. Some articles to consider:
a. Protestant young adults are dropping out.
b. Are young people really leaving Christianity?
c. Entertainment, pizza, and a marginalized Jesus.
- What we value most in the Student Ministry of Christ Church is:
a. The Gospel of Jesus Christ (evangelism).
b. Following Jesus Christ by repeating His words and replicating His ministry (discipleship).
c. Integrative teaching and relationships with
parents and grandparents.
c. Church leadership.
d. Service and Missions.
e. Focused Biblical teaching on adult life skills.
- The Student Ministry of Christ Church integrates student and family counseling needs with Grace Counseling Clinic.